Monday, January 17, 2011

Starting All Over

My life as a Christian was pretty simple. I liked being simple anyways, it was kind of my personality. My life as a Christian (ever since school days) revolved around reading the Bible (out of duty and religiousness though I honestly didn't think so at the time), meeting good friends in church, talking to God about my problems, hopefully finding someone in the church who was good enough to be my future husband!, and be the mother of kids who would also grow in the church!

Simple.. but little did I know, something was lacking. Something (and Someone) far too important was missing in the picture.

I lacked understanding of why I was doing certain things. I met a few good friends who asked hard and deep questions that shocked me, as it hit home.. For example, "why are you a Christian?", "what is a Christian?", "is there a cost to salvation?", "when i sing, 'God, You're all I want..', do I truly mean it??"

It was a very confusing state and period for me.. Lasted for at least 6 months. But the results are so worth it!! God opened my eyes to a whole of stuff I didn't know before. By His grace, my life with Him is not only about experience or feeling (this was the only source of relationship I had with Him) anymore, but also based on His truth and living Word! Life in Christ must be based on both Word and Spirit.. so thankful to have known that now..

Though at 21, I think I'm still a kid in God's eyes.. God gave me new birth just last year as I went to redefine things in my relationship with Him. The first step to being real with God was to be real with myself. To be honest that I've failed as a sinner. This role of the human sinner (me! and everybody :( ) was so crucial for me to appreciate what God has done for me on the cross.. Ahh, suddenly a lot of things about true life had its dots connected and made living sense..

This blog is a tool for me to keep track of the things I'm learning about You, Lord.. May I come to know You so intimately by the word of Your truth, and may You give me strength to follow You and choose You over all things else.. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those perishing, but the power of God to those who are being saved..

No comments:

Post a Comment