Sunday, July 10, 2011

How Bunyan Views Humility

One of my dearest friend (check our her blog) posted this on my Facebook wall, and thought of posting it up here..

A little old English from John Bunyan, but this is how he views humility! Thought you would like to read it, Jue! :) ♥

"If thou find me short in things, impute that to my love of brevity.
[if you find that my work is lacking, it is because I love to be concise]

If thou find me besides the truth in aught [any respect], impute that to my infirmity.
[if you find my writings to be missing any part of the truth, it is because of my weakness as a human]

But if thou find anything here that serves to your furtherance and joy of the faith, impute that to the mercy of God bestowed on thee and me.
[if you find anything encouraging in me, it is because of the mercy of God on you & me]

Yours to serve you with what little I have."
[his note to his readers]

~ John Bunyan, Note to Reader, “Saved by Grace,” in The Works of John Bunyan, 1:336."

No comments:

Post a Comment