Thursday, July 14, 2011

On a Thursday Afternoon

I feel like scribbling something here, as I look at how impersonal my blog is!

That's the last thing I want to be.. to be impersonal. I'm talking more than just mere people-to-people impersonal, but between people (I'm meaning myself here) and my great God impersonal.

Knowledge on its own is not sufficient. Ever. I've heard it more than a few times. Maybe you have, too.

But in my small head and brain, I find it hard to be wrapped around the truth that knowledge is never sufficient. I think I'm learning to accumulate a lot of head knowledge, but without wisdom, I'm learning that knowledge is a very dangerous thing! (A man with all the knowledge in the world about guns yet lacks wisdom sure is a dangerous man).

To be honest, I feel as though I am getting so excited to know so much more about God, but deep down inside maybe I don't know God.. Or maybe I do know God, but I'm not known by Him.

I'm writing this pretty calmly as I got this realization a few days ago, not today. God has been too kind for revealing these kind of things to me, rebuking me (my prayer is that You would rebuke me daily O God). Lord, the last thing I want is that I would have to hear You say this to me, "Depart from me, you worker of iniquity. I never knew you!"

I don't really know where to move on from here.. But I can only say that this is humbling me, this realization is humbling me, instead of how knowledge only feeds pride into my inner being. God, I pray for true wisdom, daily.. Teach me Your ways O Lord, your decree, help me to trust in You in all my ways, and not to lean on my own understanding, but in all my ways acknowledge You as Lord, then You will make my paths straight.

Lord! I want to be known by You. And I know that You are opening my heart slowly to You as You are revealing these things belonging to Your heart to me.

Lord, I pray for Your grace to help me turn the knowledge about You to the fear, knowledge and reverence of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment